Re: Tabbed buffers

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Tabbed buffers
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 11:18:43 -0500

    If I could place each frame on a separate virtual console where
    I'm already logged in,
    then I could switch among those frames by hitting alt-f<n>, and

It should be possible to set this up using the current trunk version
of Emacs, since it can open multiple ttys.  You'll have to do a certain
amount of work to make it run, but with luck you don't have to change
the C code, only the Lisp.

I would guess that you need to set up /etc/inittab so that the other
ttys have nothing running on them.  That way Emacs will be able to
open them and use them.