Re: Is there any document about Emacs implementation (C source code)?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Is there any document about Emacs implementation (C source code)?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:32:11 +0900

dhruva writes:
 > Yes, the source code. I go through the same problem everytime i muster
 > enough courage to implement something in emacs.
 > A book on crafting an editor has lot of references to emacs but does
 > not give you the guts of emacs.
 > There is however an Xemacs internals which might have a lot in common
 > to emacs, not sure though (written by Ben Wing)

http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/internals.html

There are many things that are done differently in XEmacs from Emacs.
However important things like the DEFUN macro are very similar.
Also, I believe that although the implementations are different, the
overview of things like the read-eval-print/read-eval-redisplay loop
will be useful to any new Emacs developer.