Re: invisible

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: invisible
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:57:06 -0500

>> I think it would be good to start accumulating a list of test cases
>> for which line-move and line-move-to-column have failed.
>> Several times I've seen that fixing one case breaks another.
>> Can you do that?

> Currently, I don't have a test case where this fails with the
> default value of `line-move-ignore-invisible'.  All problems stem
> from `line-move-ignore-invisible' nil.

Hmm... I didn't notice that part.  But then do they also appear with
a line-move-ignore-invisible set to nil and a disable-point-adjustment
set to t?  I would guess not (this case being trivial).

If so, maybe the solution is to do as I suggested: get rid of
line-move-ignore-invisible and use (not disable-point-adjustment) in
its place.

        Stefan