Re: no doc for `group' in custom :type

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: no doc for `group' in custom :type
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 00:34:25 -0500

    The doc bug described below was apparently fixed by just adding an
    explanation of the type `group' (in node Common Keywords).

I do not see that.  Can you please SHOW the text you are referring
to rather than describing it?

Anyway that is the wrong place to explain a type.
So I just wrote text to expain `group' in Composite Types.

    However, the example that should have been changed to use `list' instead of
    `group' still uses `group'. See type `alist' in node Simple Types.

Do you mean this?

    @smallexample
    (defcustom list-alist '(("foo" 1) ("bar" 2) ("baz" 3))
      "Each element is a list of the form (KEY VALUE)."
      :type '(alist :value-type (group integer)))
    @end smallexample

I think it is ok to use `group' if that looks better.