Re: What happened to (defun x)?

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: What happened to (defun x)?
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:44:30 -0600

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> `declare-function' was the result of a long, long discussion on this
> list. Please read that discussion and the reasons this design was chosen
> before restarting the same discussion again. At least restart the
> discussion from an informed position.

I missed that; what was the title of the thread?
(I did check; I looked for "declare-function," but the only long thread
about it that I found was "suppressing byte-compiler warnings about
undefined functions".  It wasn't that long and didn't seem to address
David's question, so perhaps I can't find the discussion or I'm simply
missing something.)

Jay