Re: remember(-diary).el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: remember(-diary).el
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:13:40 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> Windows98 has support for long filenames doesn't it?
>
> It does, but it also records the short 8+3 alias, and in this case
> they clash.

I'm not sure what you mean....

As I understand it (it's been a fairly long time since I've used the
more primitive versions of windows), the "short name" chosen for a long
name is explicitly chosen to ensure it doesn't clash with any other
short names.  E.g., for the file "remember-diary.el", it might choose
"rememb~1.el" as a short name.

It sounds like either Martin has support for long names turned off, or
cvs.exe was built in some bad way.

-Miles

--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that