Re: GUD octave support

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GUD octave support
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:18:56 +1300

 > This reminds me of a different problem I've seen with gud and gdb.
 >
 > GCC has several files that have the same base name.  If I use C-x SPC
 > to set a breakpoint in one of these, sometimes the breakpoint will
 > wind up in the wrong file.

If you run GDB from the command line, does it DTRT? (I don't think it does)

 > I think this could be fixed by changing the gud-break binding in
 > gud-gdb from "break %f:%l" to "break %d%f:%l".

I see that M-x dbx does this, and perhaps gud-tbreak, gud-remove and
gud-tbreak should be changed too, but I think GDB needs to be fixed first.

I guess another solution is for GCC not to use files with the same name, which
can presumably lead to confusion elsewhere too.