Re: How to re-orgranize ChangeLog.unicode for merging

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How to re-orgranize ChangeLog.unicode for merging
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:47:04 -0500

    Even for a new funciton, I want to know why some piece of
    code is in the current shape.  I many times encountered such
    a case that I don't remember why I wrote some code as the
    current way.  In such a case, I read changelogs and get a
    hint.

The best place for that information is in a comment in the code.
If you are about to simplify away a change log item, and you think
it might be relevant for this, or that the reason for the correctness
of the code is not obvious from the code, please put a comment there!