Re: byte compiling defcustom

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: byte compiling defcustom
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:51:38 -0600 (CST)

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

   I wouldn't want to speculate, how can one check for that.

Load in compiled version:

 (defcustom silly (if show-trailing-whitespace
                      (lambda (if t (+ 3 9)))
                                    (lambda (if t (- 3 9))))
                                     "Silly doc")

Then do `M-x customize-option RET silly'.

The value shown should be the lambda expression, not some byte code or
other stuff.  But I guess that should work out OK.  I am more afraid of the
following:

Click on the "State button" and select "Show Saved Lisp Expression".

What should appear as value is:

(if show-trailing-whitespace
                      (lambda (if t (+ 3 9)))
                                    (lambda (if t (- 3 9))))