Re: SASL related files in gnus/

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: SASL related files in gnus/
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:12:44 +0100

>       In
>     Emacs, as far as I remember, it is only used by imap.el (which is not
>     Gnus-specific), and sieve-manage.el (also not Gnus-specific).
>
> What does imap.el do?  At present it is in `lisp/gnus'; is that a
> mistake?

Yes, I think imap.el should be moved to lisp/net/.  I am not aware of
any other packages inside Emacs that uses imap.el, but I think I recall
seeing some external elisp packages that used it, and those were
unrelated to Gnus.  In any case, while imap.el is used by Gnus, it
doesn't belong in lisp/gnus/.

/Simon