Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:07:55 -0500

    > I think it would be preferable to make it a global mode (with an
    > indication string in the mode-line) and redefining a few keybindings for
    > doing its job.

    Hm. I started with a global minor mode (or really from the beginning
    with a loop while testing). I have not much against that (if you put it
    in emulation-mode-map-alist). The key bindings should be rather similar
    though.

I don't think it should be a minor mode, because it makes
no sense to enable it and disable it arbitrarily.