Re: suppressing byte-compiler warnings about undefined functions

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: suppressing byte-compiler warnings about undefined functions
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:46:14 +0000

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:55:08PM -0500, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Here's an attempt at a method to allow for suppressing of
> byte-compiler warnings about undefined functions.

> I haven't yet written the function to check that functions are
> actually defined in the specified files, but I imagine it would be
> straightforward.

As a matter of interest, there has been this sort of functionality in
cc-bytecomp.el (written by Martin Stjernholm) for some time.  In
particular, `cc-bytecomp-defun' and `cc-bytecomp-defvar', whose prime
use is suppressing compiler warnings.

It might be sensible to reuse this.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany).