erroneous auto-save-list file

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: erroneous auto-save-list file
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:57:15 +0100

A couple of days ago, Emacs crashed (an abort due to a since fixed bug),
and when I restarted it and typed M-x recover-session, the latest
.saved* file in auto-save-list only contained one file and its
auto-saved backup, though two other files also contained auto-saved
backups, and these were still in their directory, so I could recover
them.  I don't recall seeing this before, i.e., current auto-saved files
not being listed in the latest auto-save-list file.  Moreover, the
timestamps of the not listed auto-saved files were later than the
timestamp of the file that was listed.  Is this consistent with the
auto-save system or was something amiss, and if the latter, does anyone
have an ideas?

This was with GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.12.0) of 2007-11-01 on escher.

Steve Berman