Re: Why does not rgrep use "grep -r"?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Why does not rgrep use "grep -r"?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:15:01 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> It probably wouldn't be difficult to make it used grep -r (as an
> _optional alternative_), but the current code works nicely and is well
> tested, so why mess with it?

I agree; the only reason I use grep -r in a shell is because it's much
easier to type, which isn't an issue here.

However on non-unixish platforms, maybe such issues as the availability
of findutils (or as Eli mentioned, widespread buggy versions of
findutils) might make using grep -r more attractive?

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that