Re: address@hidden: 23.0.50; VC; log-view-diff -> vc-version-diff undefi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: 23.0.50; VC; log-view-diff -> vc-version-diff undefined]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 05:21:23 -0400

    Already within one day after my initial report, Stefan answered that
    it's fixed and I confirmed this (both on the list).

I am glad that it was fixed quickly.  Are you trying to suggest I
ought not to have sent the message yesterday, because I should have
REMEMBERED seeing those messages?

I wish I had such a good memory, but I don't.  My unaided memory is
not adequate for keeping track of the status of so many bugs.  So I
use various computer aids.  One is FOR-RELEASE.  The other is a system
that will tell me if a message gets no answer in a certain period.  I
send the message, and ask people to ack when it is dealt with.  If the
message gets no reply, I do not forget about the issue.

If you see such a message, please consider it a bug tracking system.
If the bug is already fixed, please answer the message saying so.
That is the way to inform my bug tracking system to "close the ticket".