Re: 23.0.50; source of warning in *shell* buffer

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; source of warning in *shell* buffer
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:18:11 +0100

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Ahh, strings reveals them in tcsh! Except the 'Bad file descriptor'
> string, which was found in:
>
>     ./src/w32.c:2952:  WSAEBADF                , "Bad file descriptor",
>
> I am sure that I am not using Losedows ...
Check libc for the same message. WSAEBADF is the Windows equivalant of
EBADF (an error return code from many file and socket related
functions). That definition in w32.c is probably just making it display
the same message that is expected on other platforms. Of course, if the
message is coming from libc, then it doesn't tell you anything about the
source, but based on the other messages, tcsh is a likely culprit.