Re: Re: 23.0.50; Middle ``wŽŽ in of permissions in dired-mode is red an

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Re: 23.0.50; Middle ``wŽŽ in of permissions in dired-mode is red and bold: dired-w arning
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:37:07 +0200

> From: Peter Dyballa <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:41:24 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> >>   -rw-rw-r--     1 pete  admin    1044 28 Apr  2004 BUGS
> >>        ^
> >> the  ``w´´  in the marked column in red and bold in the dired-
> >> warning  face. Even when launched as 'emacs -Q.'
> >>

> > See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-10/msg00588.html
> >

> Why are security holes now distributed with GNU Emacs from CVS?

There are no security holes in the Emacs CVS, as I'm sure you
understand.

IMO, this whole feature of highlighting attributes is an annoyance,
and the only reason I could live with it until now is because it
previously had a not-so-in-my-face color.  Now someone made it glaring
red, which is too much for me.  So I now turned this off by default on
Windows, which _defaults_ to group- and world-writable files, even on
latest versions with strict security features, such as full-fledged
ACLs.