Re: Please install: Some improvements to doc-view.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Please install: Some improvements to doc-view.el
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 20:30:19 -0400

    Indeed.  The only difference is that doc-view uses only external
    commands for the conversion whereas the dired change we're talking about
    called viewers and thus gave the focus to other applications.

Maybe that makes a big difference.  Please check the reasons why I
took the other feature out, so we can see whether they do apply here.