Re: 23.0.50 compile problem on Windows XP

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.50 compile problem on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:08:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> What constant? I don't see it in the MinGW headers, but maybe MSVC
> headers are different.

mingw only defines abs in stdlib.h, and has no "protection" against
redefinition. msvc defines it in both stdlib.h and math.h, with an
#ifdef _CRT_ABS_DEFINED (and corresponding #define) around it.

> And I still didn't get an answer to my question from yesterday: What
> is on and around line 182 of VC's math.h that causes the failure below?

I have a different version of VC, but it seems it is the declaration of
abs that causes the problem:

        int     __cdecl abs(__in int _X);

Since lisp.h has already been included, this gets expanded as the macro
defined there, which causes a syntax error.