Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:36:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Btw, the node "Filename Syntax" in the Tramp manual does not list all
> the possible methods supported by Tramp.  For example, /sudo: is not
> there.  It would be a good idea, IMO, to have a node with a catalog of
> all the methods supported by tramp.el out of the box, instead of (or
> maybe in addition to) having them scattered throughout the manual.

(info "(tramp)Inline methods")
(info "(tramp)External transfer methods")
(info "(tramp)Gateway methods")

Yes, three sections, because it's a lot of material. And indeed, they
shall be put into a superordinate chapter "Methods", or so.

I'll add references to these nodes from section "Filename Syntax" tonight.

Best regards, Michael.