Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 53, Issue 105

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 53, Issue 105
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:51:09 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
> I've commited a change to the trunk, so while it won't get copied to the
> branch, if I commit it there, the script will presumably try to copy it back
> again to the trunk.

That's generally not a problem:  usually duplicate changes are dropped,
and I manually check the result to catch cases that weren't properly
handled automatically.  The duplicate change Richard mentioned was
simply one I missed.  Typically such errors occur in text files like
NEWS where they aren't that big a deal in the short term (given that
they're on the trunk with no impeding release about to be made from it).

So please commit your change to the branch if it is appropriate.

BTW, referring to it as a "script" is slightly misleading I think.
Though I'm using tools that make it easier, it's definitely a manual
process which I invoke by hand, and I check the results.

-Miles

--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page