Re: etags and functions that return structures!

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: etags and functions that return structures!
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:45:00 +0200

>When we have a function that returns a structure with a name S, by
>searching the name of that structure (S), find-tag does not jump in all
>cases to structure's definiton, but to a function's definition that
>returns that structure.

This should not happen.

>I do not give here examples.

Just to be sure, I just tried with some examples, and I was not able to
reproduce the problem you describe.  The range of possible combinations
is infinite, but the code is written so that what you describe does not
happen.

Eli Zaretskii:
>I think this depends on the order in which etags sees the struct and
>the functions.

No, it should not and, as far as I can see, it does not.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we can do anything without a test case
so, if someone is able to reproduce the problem, please report a test
case.