Re: Excessive refontification when setting jit-lock-context-unfontify-po

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Excessive refontification when setting jit-lock-context-unfontify-pos
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:20:41 +0200

* Stefan Monnier (2007-04-24) writes:

> Check the Elisp Manual's discussion of multiline fontification.

I did now.

> You're confusing the identification and the re-highlighting.
> The `font-lock-multiline' property is there to solve the
> "re-highlighting" problem.  The problem you mention here is one of
> "identification", and this one is not solved by font-lock-multiline indeed,
> but by your f-l-fontify-region-function (or by f-l-extend-region).
> So I still don't understand where/why you need
> jit-lock-context-unfontify-pos.

j-l-c-u-p seemed to be the only mechanism working reliably.  In my
f-l-fontify-region-function I tried to set the f-l-multiline and
j-l-defer-multiline properties on the region in question which had no
effect.  Setting the fontified property to nil in addition made it
work now.  I'm a bit short of time at the moment but will look at this
in more detail during the next days.

--
Ralf