Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:50:17 +0900 (JST)

> When I first tested, I got consistent results, but after reading
> your post I tried it again, both with -Q and with my
> initializations, and now found the results to be inconsistent, i.e.,
> sometimes I got a fully redrawn frame and sometimes a blank frame
> (though when it was blank, moving the dialog frame did not cause
> redrawing of the blank frame), regardless of how I evalled the sexp.

Recently I observed a possibly related issue while experimenting with
"compositing windows" on Mac Carbon port.

Compositing window mode means all the drawing operations must be done
operations are converted to making dirty the drawn area instead of
real drawings.

To make things work, expose_frame must correctly draw the contents
most of the time.  But with the experiment of compositing windows, I
observe that is not always the case even if !FRAME_GARBARGED_P(f) &&
updated_window != NULL.  It seems to fail to do so after the current
matrix is updated with try_window_reusing_current_matrix under a
certain condition, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I guess the problem with redrawing frames under dialog are related
with the above issue and only GTK+-build users notice this because it
clears the exposed area before calling expose_frame (compositing
window on Mac also does so automatically).

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden