Re: emacs' icon on X ?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: emacs' icon on X ?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:54:05 -0400

A Soare <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Why does nobody make a nice icon for emacs? For a nice thing a nice icon.
>>
> I use on my laptop KDE with a NVIDIA card and nvidia driver and
> everything looks excellent. But for emacs' icon!

You're probably referring to the Emacs icon packaged by KDE.  It's not
been updated to the Emacs 22 icon, but that's out of our control.

Note the following item from FOR-RELEASE:

  ** Send an email to the various distributions, including the GNOME
  and KDE projects, to use the new Emacs icons in etc/images/icons.

(BTW, would someone like to do that?)