Re: CC Mode 5.31.4 (C/l); c-end-of-defun broken

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: CC Mode 5.31.4 (C/l); c-end-of-defun broken
Date: 18 Apr 2007 22:20:08 +0200
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:40:18 +0100

'Evening, Glenn!

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 01:32:15PM -0400, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Andreas Schwab wrote:

> > c-end-of-defun no longer always goes to the end of the function.

> The problem seems to have been introduced in rev 1.47 of cc-cmds.el.
> It's only a 400 line change...

;-)  It was indeed a ~400 line change.  It was, however, largely of the
nature of a refactoring.  Even though it introduced the current bug, the
improved structure of the code made the bug's diagnosis very easy.

Had a similar bug been found in the previous code, tracking it down
would have taken many days rather than a few minutes.  Indeed, just such
a similar bug was the spur for my refactoring the code in the first
place.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany).