Re: grep-mode should print default-directory (again)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: grep-mode should print default-directory (again)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:59:04 -0400

    default-directory is a buffer-local variable while compilation-directory is
    not.

Yes.

          Why not just print default-directory at the top of the grep buffer
    rather than make it file local (who saves these buffers anyway?).

I put in the feature to make it a file local variable because I saved these
buffers -- in my home directory -- and found that finding the source files
didn't work right after I visited them again.