Re: Emacs WIN32 crashes on reinitialzing of lisp process using slime

From: cb
Subject: Re: Emacs WIN32 crashes on reinitialzing of lisp process using slime
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:31:32 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> What is slime? it's not part of the Emacs distribution.

No, but I could not reproduce the crash without it. Slime can be found on
"http://common-lisp.net/project/slime";

> You mean, the call to kill-buffer crashes?  I hope you don't mean that
> kill-buffer crashes in general, for any buffer, because that's
> certainly not what I see.

No, just when you kill that particular buffer and slime has been started. I
compiled the same source under FreeBSD and there everything works. Maybe it is a
slime problem, but I think Emacs should never crash, whatever you throw at it. I
tried it with clisp and sbcl as a backend and in both cases Emacs crashed after
closing the connection to the swank backend.

> Please state the versions of the main tools used.

If I recall correctly MINGW was version 5.6 and MSYS version 1.1, but the same
behavior can be seen using the Emacs W32 version from
"http://www.ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html";, but I don't know what build
tool configuration was used building that one.

> Please also use report-emacs-bug, which reports additional information
> that might be of importance.

Ok, I'll try that, too. I hope our firewall lets me do that.

> Thanks.

Thank you for your hard and good work on Emacs, have a nice day

Carsten