Re: Splash screen problems

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Splash screen problems
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:57:10 +0900

Kim F. Storm writes:

 > Can you set it in site-lisp/default.el ?

XEmacs's startup.el makes setting `inhibit-startup-message' from site
files (either site-start or default.el) difficult.[1]  After all, the
logic for not allowing it is the same for both.  I suppose the code
was inherited from Emacs, so it's probably the same.

Footnotes:
[1]  There are several ways to achieve equivalent effects, of course,
and only the documented method for inhibiting the splash screen is
blocked.