Re: Nonsensical byte compiler warning.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Nonsensical byte compiler warning.
Date: 8 Apr 2007 13:27:52 +0200
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 13:47:10 +0100

Hi, all!

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 03:21:07AM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> >     But I did get "While compiling c-end-of-defun in file
> >     /home/acm/cc-mode-5.31.n/cc-cmds.el: ** `(char-after (1-
> >     (point)))' called for effect".  Track this down: It's in
> >     c-end-of-defun.  By commenting out bits of the function in a
> >     binary chop fashion, it's L1625, "(eq (char-before) ?\})".  I
> >     can't make head or tail of this.  FIXME!!! POSTPONED.

> The problem is still not fixed ...  The warning is still issued, and
> the following post shows why:

I've fixed it now.  Thanks for the patch, Chong!

Just for clarity, I wasn't being obtuse - just slow.  (I've been
concentrating on other bugs in the last few days).   c-end-of-defun's
code was clearly wrong, and in the paragraph you quoted, I was trying to
show how the warning message left me confused, not to defend the code as
it was.

It's a relief to have that warning finally cleared up.

--
Alan.