Re: address@hidden: Menu bar display bug]

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Menu bar display bug]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:03:08 +0200

Richard Stallman skrev:
Would someone please DTRT and ack?

I've checked in a fix.

        Jan D.

To: address@hidden
From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:53:13 +0200
Subject: Menu bar display bug

- --=-=-=

1. Emacs -Q

2. Txpe `M-x gnus', select a group, open it and click on an article,
so that you have vertically split windows, with the Gnus Summary
buffer on top and the Gnus Article buffer on the bottom.  (To get to
this stage, it is irrelevant whether or not you set
gnus-select-method, if not, it also suffices to open a doc-group,
e.g. `G f emacs/etc/gnus-tut.txt'.)

3. Make a header line in the window of the Gnus Summary buffer,
e.g. by doing `M-x ruler-mode' (other header lines will also do,
e.g. `M-: (setq header-line-format default-mode-line-format)').  Then
do 'C-x o' to switch to the Gnus Article buffer and then make a header
line in that window.  Now when you do `C-x o' to switch back to the
Summary buffer you should see the following (I turned off the tool bar
to make smaller pictures for this report, but I also get the same
display bug when it is enabled):