Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:23:11 -0500

Werner Koch <address@hidden> writes:

> [Pinentry] will then ask emacs: Please create a form or a minibuffer
> with this or that description and return the user input to me.

I agree with Sascha that this is not feasible for the Emacs 22
release, which is supposed to be soon.  In your opinion, of the
remaining choices, which is preferable?

1. Running GPG in an Elisp terminal, as in the patch I sent.
2. Documenting the problem in the PGG manual, and recommending using
   PGG and gpg-agent in X (for Emacs 22 anyway).

Unless you have some other solution...?