Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:21:25 -0500

    Since no one seems to have an idea of how to handle the
    console/pinentry case, let's just disable password caching on text
    terminals, and disabling use of gpg-agent on text terminals, by
    default.  We can suggest a workaround in the PGG manual, and tell
    people to enter a passphrase into pinentry before starting Emacs, if
    they want to use PGG with gpg-agent on a text terminal.

Before I could accept this solution, I need the people who objected to
other solutions a few months ago to join the discussion now.