Re: Bootstrapping Unicode branch on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping Unicode branch on Windows
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:27:26 +0100

Finally I've been able to solve the mystery, and it's my fault...

While trying to work around the initial issue (with
lisp/international/uni-*.el files) I did several tests with and
without -kb. In one of these tests, I accidentally updated most of
leim/*/* with

 cvs -q update -C -A

instead of

 cvs -q update -C -A -r emacs-unicode-2

so I had an emacs-unicode-2 source tree with leim/* switched back to
HEAD. Definitely Not Recommendable.

All in all, I'd suggest adding a note somewhere in the emacs-unicode-2
branch (nt/INSTALL, perhaps) clarifying which files need to be checked
out with -kb, and the trick of defining a LANG environment variable
with UTF-8 to avoid warnings about conflicting codesets. This will
make life easier for anyone trying to compile the unicode branch (and
soon the HEAD, hopefully) on Windows.

                   /L/e/k/t/u