RE: *Help* window fonts, colors.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: *Help* window fonts, colors.
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:27:20 -0800

> >>     I have just asked on #emacs whether I can customize the fonts,
> >>     colors of the frame of the *Help* buffer, and I was asked by 2
> >>     persons to report this problem here.
> >>
> >> I don't think the absence of such a feature is a bug.  I would not
> >> object to adding such a feature, but now is not the time for that.
> >
> > What is meant by the missing feature that would be added? I
> > don't understand what is being requested.
> > And there are other ways to customize a *Help* frame.
> > What's missing?
>
> A frame is not a buffer.

And?  The OP asked about customizing the "fonts, colors of the _frame_ of
the *Help* buffer".

That's why I asked for clarification. If the buffer is not standalone in its
own frame, then changing the fonts and colors of its frame would also affect
other buffers displayed there. If the buffer is in its own frame, then I
don't see what's missing now.

Perhaps the OP meant font-lock coloring. That could be added for buffer
*Help*, but I'm not sure that's what was requested.

I took the OP to mean something other than font-lock fontifying, because of
the mention of "frame". The phrase "frame of the *Help* buffer" makes me
think of a dedicated *Help*- buffer frame. The phrase "fonts, colors of the
frame" makes me think of default font, default foreground and background
colors, cursor color, and so on. Clarification welcome.