Re: Pathnames with two (or more) slashes in Makefile.c

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Pathnames with two (or more) slashes in Makefile.c
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:06:21 +0100

Sascha Wilde skrev:
Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

  A pathname consisting of a single slash shall resolve to the root
  directory of the process. A null pathname shall not be successfully
  resolved. A pathname that begins with two successive slashes may be
  interpreted in an implementation-defined manner, although more than
  two leading slashes shall be treated as a single slash.

On GNU Systems (and most unixoid systems I know), two leading slashes
are not interpreted in any special way, but like three and more
slashes: they are treated as one.

So the problem is, that the double slash is written unquoted to
Makefile.c where it gets interpreted as a comment.

This is IMO a bug.

When generating Makefile.c consecutive slashes hould either be reduced
to one or appropriately quoted.

Actually it was a bug in my patch, I should not use #define if a double slash may be present. I briefly checked the other #define:s in Makefile.in and mostly the valuse comes from s/*.h or m/*.h, so we have control over these.

I've checked in a fix, please try it.

Thanks,

        Jan D.