Re: Creating an empty file

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Creating an empty file
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:20:20 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:

>>> I can't reproduce it.
>>
>> I can, even with emacs -Q.
>
> I think Michaël assumed that I meant to open an _existing_ file.

Worse, I misread the RET : I did C-x C-f a.txt RET *RET* C-x C-s ;
sorry my bad.

If I have to create an empty file, I do C-x C-f a.txt RET RET
<backspace> then save ; this is why I did that.

The ... unnatural way (but Emacs way) to do it is probably :
C-x C-f a.txt RET C-u M-~ C-x C-s

My opinion is that Emacs is doing TRT. But I may be influenced by some
years of practice :-)

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac     |  Un certain Blaise Pascal              |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007     |    etc... etc...                       |