Re: Retrieve front-advance from make-overlay

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: Retrieve front-advance from make-overlay
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:19:43 -0800 (PST)

[Sorry if this is a repeat post and/or doesn't go into the thread
properly; my mailer didn't like my first attempt.]

> It was untested, and naturally, it is wrong.  Both calls to
> move-overlay.  You have to use
>
> (move-overlay ov 1 1 (current-buffer))
>
> and
>
> (move-overlay ov start end buf)
>
> instead, respectively.  There are probably more errors: I still did not
test it.

It seems to me that you should put the overlay on a single character in a
buffer and then insert once on either side of that character.  Would a
0-length overlay with front-advance but not rear-advance actually sit on
the range n to n-1 if you inserted before it?

Davis

shipping.