Re: ucs method on non-supported unicode chars

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: ucs method on non-supported unicode chars
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:26:23 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 1/4/07, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> > If Dave doesn't respond

> Still no answer from him.

> > I suggest to install the attached patch.

> But after your code, the whole uft-8-ccl-encode ccl-program is unused.
> Before removing that I'd really like why was implemented...

It seems that the original intention is to insert a correct
UTF-8 sequence by raw-bytes.  But, what returned by a quail
input method is treated as an event sequence (not a sequence
of characters to be inserted).  So, for instance, what does
the event ?\240 do depends on one's environment.  There's no
safe way to insert a specific raw byte.

But, as it is possible to implement a facility of inserting
a raw byte in quail (after the release), I'd like to keep
utf-8-ccl-encode for a while.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden