Re: add etc/PROBLEMS entry for building 32-bit exe on 64-bit system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: add etc/PROBLEMS entry for building 32-bit exe on 64-bit system
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:46:24 -0500

    I found I had to do:

    i) export CFLAGS=-m32; export LDFLAGS=-m32
        (to get i386 objects)

    ii) Add "--build=i386-linux-gnu --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
--without-sound"

Could you please mention this in etc/MACHINES and etc/PROBLEMS?

    I imagine it's reasonable to expect configure to just Do The Right
    Thing for all of these but the sound issue, without so much user
    intervention? Actually, I guess it should auto-detect no compatible
    sound libraries as well...

Yes, it should.  However, we don't need to fix that now
if it is not straightforward.