Re: address@hidden: compilation-previous-error fails if first error is a

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: address@hidden: compilation-previous-error fails if first error is at start of buffer]
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:27:49 +1300

 >     Perhaps this is for his patched version.  Anyway there's not much point
 >     fixing it when, like the heads of the Lernaean Hydra, two new bugs will
 >     take it's place in FOR-RELEASE.
 >
 > If you don't fix bugs, you will have to wait for me to have time to
 > fix them.

I stopped waiting long ago.  If the bugs are filed as proper bug reports, in a
proper bug database, then I think you are more likely to find someone who is
willing/able to fix them.  This bug evidently never occurs in a normal
compilation buffer, so it is a marginal one at best.  I can't see how anyone
benefits from holding back the release for such bugs, except, perhaps,
the vendors of proprietary software.