Re: Codepages and shell function on w32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Codepages and shell function on w32
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 06:08:08 +0000

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
I have no idea. I just sent this code in the hope that someone knew and could correct it. It would be nice if we got it correct in the release.
There is no absolute "correct", as a user may run any programs from the command-line, not just native Windows console programs, and their input files could be in any encoding. In any case, hardcoding windows-1252 is clearly wrong in non-European locales. Why not just set the locale for dos-semantic shells and leave it at that?