Re: address@hidden: Unintended feature in Emacs 22]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Unintended feature in Emacs 22]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:30:57 -0500

    > When Emacs (built from the cvs latest revision) is at the introductory
    > splash screen, normally you click the window, or type a key and the splash
    > buffer goes away.  But if you choose that buffer in the buffer menu
instead,
    > you will get an empty buffer named "GNU Emacs".

    I fixed this by changing the initial buffer to " GNU Emacs", thus
    hiding it.  Thanks.

Is this problem that the buffer "GNU Emacs" shows up in the buffer
menu?  I so, that change may be a sufficient fix.  But if the problem
is that the buffer ends up selected and not killed, I think it needs a
bigger fix.

Which one is it?