Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:33:31 +0100

On 11/25/06, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm 99% sure it can only be A-Z. But isalpha() covers a much larger
range of characters anyway, and it certainly can't be punctuation or
numeric characters.

This is a bit of a moot point. Deciding whether the name is absolute
or relative in emacsclient just changes whether we add the current
directory path or not. But when doing

 C:\default\path> emacsclient 3:\foo.bar

whether Emacs receives "C:\default\path\3:\foo.bar", or "3:\foo.bar"
is largely irrelevant, because they're invalid paths. anyway.

If anything, it's better to accept "X:\foo.bar" as absolute for
uncommon values of X, in case the user is running some weird network
software which allows non-letter drive names.

                   /L/e/k/t/u