Re: Should we remove pgg-pgp5.el?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should we remove pgg-pgp5.el?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:58:56 -0500

    progmodes/sql.el supports Oracle, for example. For what I gather from
    previous discussions, I think it is acceptable if we're not offering
    better support for the non-free program than for the free
    alternatives.

Making Emacs work with non-free software is ok, when the main effect
is to encourage users of that non-free software to adopt Emacs.  When
the main effect is to encourage Emacs users to adopt that non-free
software, we should not do it.  In borderline cases we can go ahead
and do it.