Re: Failures in build Emacs-CVS on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Failures in build Emacs-CVS on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:32:42 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > (gdb) run
>
> No, you shouldn't run the program.  You are debugging a core file,
> which is an image of a dead program.  Such a program cannot be run.
> You can only examine the variables and memory.  So the right command
> is "bt".

I tried it, first, but I obtained only a "Cannot access memory at
address...", so I tried the others.

Meanwhile I have continued to build new CVS and now the build is completed
successfully!

The mystery is that also with previous CVS the problems cannot be
reproduced any more! This is what happens on Cygwin! On GNU/Linux I have
not found obstacles in build Emacs-CVS.

Thanks for your recent post on Cygwin lists.

   Angelo.