RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:22:38 -0800

> No. As far as I know, it has not been committed.

OK, so I guess we're back to hoping for it to be added to a later release.

Until that happens, I've uploaded a trivial mb-depth.el tweak to Emacs Wiki
(mb-depth+.el) that lets you define the format and face. It won't be useful or
needed, once the C code is committed.

> I pointed it out because it is quite small and seems better than
> having an elisp package just for this.

Yes. Looking forward to it.

> Very good, in any case. And I'm glad to see that the format
> string is a user variable (`minibuffer-depth-indicator'). I don't
> see a user-definable face, but perhaps no face is used.
>
> You can always do, as I do:
>  (defface my-minibuffer-depth-face ...)
>  (setq minibuffer-depth-indicator
>        (propertize "[%d] " 'face 'my-minibuffer-depth-face)))

Yes, good. And it's good that no highlighting is hard-coded in the C version,
so one is not obliged to add a face definition just to get rid of the
highlighting.