Re: gfortran error format (was: Re: Emacs and GFortran)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gfortran error format (was: Re: Emacs and GFortran)
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 01:38:10 -0500

    We will, sooner or later. But there are 123 other bugs (enhancement
    requests not counted) in Bugzilla for Gfortran right now. They need to
    be fixed too.   We see no reason to give higher priority to this bug
    than to the others.

I understand you can't fix all bugs right away.  Since I don't know
what those other bugs are, I have no opinion on their relative
priority.  But that is not the crucial point.

The crucial point here is to give this bug a substantial positive
priority -- to acknowledge that this is "something we need to fix"
rather than "you users can fix it if you like".  It doesn't have to be
highest priority, but it does have to be substantial and positive.