Re: Pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:01:08 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:59:36 -0400
>>
>> Since this is the first Emacs 22 pretest tarball, it would be nice if
>> people could take a look and make sure there are no problems building
>> from, before we think about making any pretest announcement.
>
> On this system:
>
>    Linux fencepost 2.6.12-fencepost #1 SMP Wed Jul 19 10:55:11 EDT
>    2006 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I cannot build the pretest: it fails while linking temacs.
>
> Interestingly, the same machine builds the CVS version just fine (and
> has been doing that for a very long time).

That's pretty strange.  If you generate a tarball from CVS yourself,
using emacs/make-dist, does that tarball fail to build?

Try also deleting configure and doing `make bootstrap' to generate a
new configure file (in case there's some bug in the version of
autoconf I'm using).  Does it work in that case?