Re: Bug Database?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Bug Database?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:20:02 +0200

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  >     Yes, but I'm also suggesting use of a bug database to ensure that
>  >     reported bugs don't get lost.  That has also come up before and was
>  >     considered unnecessary, but at that time reported bugs were only
>  >     recorded in the archives.
>  >
>  > It would be useful to run a bug tracker, but I have never done so, and
>  > I don't know what work for us is required.
>
> It could be as easy as turning on the bug tracker for Emacs in Savannah.  I
> don't know how good/bad it is but it must be an improvement on FOR-RELEASE.

We use the Savannah bugtracker for MLDonkey. Its quite acceptable,
IMHO. Sure, there are better trackers(like "Trac") but why overdo it?

(One problem is that I cant seem to login to Savannah with emacs-w3m
anymore. I reported this somewhere, but dont quite remember the status
of it.)

Punching in a dozen of bugs from a file is doable and I could do it.

--
Joakim Verona